LASER AND IPL THERAPY
Laser Vein Reduction
- The Coolglide laser will target a wide range of undesirable blood vessels from tiny spider veins of the face to deep blue reticular veins on the legs.
- Hemangiomas also respond very well. Large varicose veins, however, cannot be treated with this modality.
- The treatment works by delivering pulses of light energy to specific vessels. The blood within the vein coagulates, destroying the vessel and is eventually reabsorbed by the body.
- Typically 1-2 treatments are all that is required, although this may vary based on the area of concern and the size of the vessel being treated.
- Topical anesthesia can be used, but typically the stinging sensation associated with the procedure can be easily tolerated.
- There is typically some slight redness and mild localized swelling at the site following the procedure, occasionally slight bruising, though this resolves quickly in a few days.
- Normal activity can be resumed immediately following the procedure. Strenuous exercise should be avoided for at least 24 hours.
Photo: Post 2 Treatments, courtesy of Cutera.com